Important Information & FAQs
- Racefit “heart & mind” …..what’s it all about?
- What are Racefit exhausts made from?
- Why Titanium?
- How are they made?
- What weight saving can I expect?
- Can I fit the Racefit exhaut myself?
- Will I need to adjust the fueling (Dyno set up) and what sort of bhp gains can I expect??
- How loud are Racefit exhausts / will my exhaust be allowed on track days?
- Valves? Will losing the valve lose me power?
- There are too many exhaust/end cap choices – please explain
- What is etching?
- Can I fit a baffle or diffuser with a Black Edition end cap?
- Can I visit Racefit?
- Can a Racefit product just keep going?
- How do I clean my Racefit exhaust?
- Can I buy spare parts?
- What if my sticker/decal comes off?
- How often does my exhaust need repacking – can I do it myself?
- I have had an accident with minor damage – can Racefit repair my exhaust?
- What if I want something a little bit different: could I spend an extortionate amount of money on a fantastic project that you guys would find interesting??
- What about back pressure and what does it mean?
- Who is Racefit?
- The Small Print
For information on ordering, delivery and returns please click here
1. RACEFIT “HEART & MIND” …..WHAT’S IT ALL ABOUT?
There is no compromise. The best material, Titanium beautifully formed into the lightest, best sounding superbike exhaust you can buy.
2. WHAT ARE RACEFIT EXHAUSTS MADE FROM?
Simply: all titanium – even the internals
Also carbon sleeves - superlight, super strong, a beautiful looking compliment to the titanium. We use only the best: the real deal - pre-preg Autoclaved cured carbon.
3. WHY TITANIUM?
Titanium - Atomic No.22
Discovered by William Gregor in 1791 and named by Martin Heinrich Klaproth after the Greek god Titan. Titanium is as strong as some steels but 45% lighter. In fact it has the best strength to weight ration of any material.
Although about 50 grades of Titanium are designated and currently used, only a couple of dozen are readily available. Grades 1-4 are C.P.(Commercially pure 99.9%), Racefit only use grades 1 and 2.
So no magic, just the lightest motorcycle exhausts on the planet!
4. HOW ARE THEY MADE?
All our exhausts are hand made in our factory in Derbyshire UK by guys (and one gal) with a lifetime’s obsession and passion for engineering & motorcycles
The Racefit details: backed up by years of experience ….including four world champions
Perfect bends – we may not be able to bend 6” nails in our teeth but we can put perfect bends into perfect titanium tube with our monster BLM Elect tube bender
Brushed (works) finish, untouched welds – just because they look great: think MotoGP
5. WHAT WEIGHT SAVING CAN I EXPECT?
Ripped, lean, World Class weight savings…! Generally Racefit Exhausts weigh between at 350g – 1100g OE exhausts can weigh between 3 – 10 kilos!
6. CAN I FIT THE RACEFIT EXHAUST MYSELF?
Yes, unless you’re a moron – our exhausts are designed as straight bolt-off, bolt-on to your bike onto OEM standard headers – there are only 2 exceptions to this (ZX10-R 2006-07 and GSX-S1000 Cat Delete)
Please read the Fitting Instructions and safety notes carefully before attempting to fit the exhaust to your bike. If you do not have the correct tools or have any doubts about your mechanical ability Contact Us for advice or have it fitted by ourselves at our factory in Darley Dale or a recognised bike dealer or a competent technician. Please use the Contact Us section should you require further copies of fitting instructions.
7. WILL I NEED TO ADJUST THE FUELING (DYNO SET UP) AND WHAT SORT OF BHP GAINS CAN I EXPECT?
Making changes to your motorcycle exhaust will not suddenly cause it to not run, lose power or be damaged – your bike will run correctly as it is. Generally there are power gains due to our exhausts being less restrictive. There may be more power gains if the fitting is combined other aftermarket fuelling products, but it is not necessary and we do not recommend it.
Be aware that your motorcycle is a production item and is subject to manufacturing tolerances – therefore no two motorcycles are identical. The performance of your motorcycle is in effect a compromise to comply with various noise and emission laws in various countries.
8. HOW LOUD ARE RACEFIT EXHAUSTS / WILL MY EXHAUST BE ALLOWED ON TRACK DAYS?
Racefit exhausts (depending on which design on which bike) combined with our Noise Reduction Insert (NRI) are designed to comply with current FIM/ACU (superbike) regulations and therefore loud track days. Generally track days are run according to these regulations and if your exhaust is correctly maintained you should have no problems.
Do not try them on a quiet track day – usually our simplest advice is quickly slip on your standard OEM exhaust for the track day
Our titanium baffles/NRIs are designed to quieten Growlers which can be quickly and easily installed and also removed.
9. VALVES? WILL LOSING THE VALVE LOSE ME POWER?
(Also known as Set Valves, Exup Valves etc…) To fit Racefit exhausts on some models it is necessary to disconnect the exhaust valve. The primary function of this valve is noise control and not to boost power (if it was a power valve it would be on every race bike – it doesn’t appear on any!). Therefore disconnection of this valve will not result in a power loss or affect in any way the running of your motorcycle.
NB: a warning light does appear on when you disconnect the servo (for Suzukis it appears when you disconnect the cables) – whilst the warning light does not damage your bike it can be fixed by installing a Servo Buddy. We recommend the Heal Tech ones which can be bought from our webstore.
See individual listings for each bike on the store tab for detailed information
10. THERE ARE TOO MANY EXHAUST/END CAP CHOICES – PLEASE EXPLAIN
Please click here for further details
11. WHAT IS ETCHING?
Etching is an electro-checmical that permanently marks the titanium sleeve - see photo below. This is available on request (no extra cost). When checking out either select the option for etching or write "Etched" in the notes section. All orders will be shipped with stickers/decals unless requested. Please note: this is ONLY available on titanium sleeves, NOT carbon.
|Carbon||Titanium + Decal||Titanium Etched|
12. CAN I FIT A BAFFLE OR DIFFUSER WITH A BLACK EDITION?
Simply no - there is no place to attach the baffle or Diffuser with a Black Edition exhaust. However, if you want a baffle or Diffuser you can simply request a Growler end cap - please see photos below. When checking out either select the option for your choice of end cap or write your request in the notes section. The end caps are the same price.
For more information on the end caps please click here.
|Growler||Black Edition||Black Edition + welded diffuser (NB + £30)|
13. CAN I VISIT RACEFIT?
Yes you can: we are open Monday - Friday 9am-5pm and Saturday 9am-1pm. Just phone ahead to make sure someone is there.
14. CAN A RACEFIT PRODUCT JUST KEEP GOING?
Yes. For when your exhaust is looking a little tired and the packing is past it's best - send your exhaust back to us and we will strip it, rumble it, put new packing and rivet it all back together - in other words, give it a 'birthday'! Please see this item on the webstore.
15. HOW DO I CLEAN MY RACEFIT EXHAUST?
Clean the exhaust with a multi-purpose spray lubricant (WD-40 or equivalent) with a soft cloth. Do not use aggressive chemical cleaners. A change in the colour of the exhaust system is normal due to the high temperatures.
16. CAN I BUY SPARE PARTS?
Yes! See Spares in the Accessories menu on the webstore!
17. WHAT IF MY STICKER/DECAL COMES OFF?
Replacement stickers are available from Racefit (either over phone or webstore). Wipe down with Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA)/panel wipe before replacing with the new sticker.
18. HOW OFTEN DOES MY EXHAUST NEED REPACKING – CAN I DO IT MYSELF?
The nature of the product means that at intervals the exhausts will need to be repacked with sound absorption material. Racefit only use Acoustafil branded premium packing. Service intervals will depend on how hard, how far and how often you ride your bike. Regularly check the exhaust visually and listen for any changes in exhaust note. A service/recharging kit is available separately or your exhaust can be returned to Racefit and we will do it for you at a reasonable fee.
Damage caused due to not repacking when needed may not be covered by warranty.
19. I HAVE HAD AN ACCIDENT WITH MINOR DAMAGE – CAN RACEFIT REPAIR MY EXHAUST?
This depends on the extent of the damage but we will try our best to repair it. Once the exhaust is returned to us we will assess and provide you an estimate. Please return it to our Head Office and include your name, email, return address and contact telephone number.
20. WHAT IF I WANT SOMETHING A LITTLE BIT DIFFERENT; COULD I SPEND AN EXTORTIONATE AMOUNT OF MONEY ON A FANTASTIC PROJECT THAT YOU GUYS WOULD FIND INTERESTING??
Please call….! +44(0)1629 735071
21. WHAT ABOUT MY BACK PRESSURE AND WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
Talk about exhausts and very often the terms ‘back pressure’ or the ‘right back pressure’ come up. Back pressure is only caused by restriction and has little or nothing to do with performance exhaust design. Although modern OE superbike exhaust systems are very well designed and can reduce noise levels to conform to emissions laws without offering much actual back pressure these systems are to some degree restrictive. Performance exhausts work by “pulse tuning” which is the use of the correct pipe lengths and diameters and correct collector configurations to tune the exhaust pulses to help to fill and scavenge the cylinders. This will increase the volumetric efficiency, which will increase power and torque. Therefore only restrictive exhausts would suffer back pressure. Racefit exhausts do not offer any restriction.
22. WHO IS RACEFIT?
Racefit partners Jon and Phil started the company in 2004 both having lived parallel lives with regard to their early interest in motorcycles and without pressure or persuasion continued with this into adolescence and then related jobs expanded their horizons into engineering and a passion for the exotic side of engineering, materials and race details. Phil and Jon had been on the other side of the counter for a long time so knew what it was like to get good/bad service, products that fit/those that came with fitting issues, good/poor quality, so they knew they had to set the bar at the highest level. Simply, their motto is ‘either it’s right or it’s wrong’. Again from their previous experience realizing the measure of a company is then the level of service received when problems occur and how the company then deals with it. Their main goal is that products have to be exciting and for the public to be able to buy something truly unique.
23. THE SMALL PRINT
Exclusion of Certain Liability
- The manufacturer, importer or dealer shall not be liable for any incidental damage including personal injury or any other damages caused by improper installation or operation of the Racefit exhaust system. When installing the Racefit exhaust system be careful that the exhaust system does not touch other parts sensitive to high temperature.
- Racefit makes no representation or warranties with regard to damage caused by the improper installation, use of non-approved accessories, use and maintenance of the Racefit exhaust system. The warranty is limited to defects recognised by our technical department and to normal use, and excludes items subject to normal wear (gaskets and packing). The guarantee is void in case of accident, modification, improper or competition use.
- Do not attempt to install the Racefit exhaust system on a motorcycle for which it was not made.
- When the exhaust system gets very hot during operation, be careful not to burn yourself on the exhaust system or parts which are in direct contact with it, even when the motor is not running. Also protect other people, especially children, from the injuries mentioned above.
- Technical specification of the Racefit exhaust systems and related products subject to change without notice.
We do not store customer credit card details nor do we share customer details with any third parties.
We do NOT send bulk marketing emails and certainly DO NOT disclose buyers information to third parties. We very occasionally may send previous customer’s information on new products but if you do not wish to continue receiving these please email firstname.lastname@example.org with UNSUBSCRIBE in the title.
Unit 17 Molyneux Business Park, Whitworth Road, Darley Dale, Matlock DE4 2HJ. UK
+44 (0)1629 735071
Registered in England no: 5262184
All products are used at your own risk. We will not take responsibility for any damages caused.